Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Franklin Mint Porcelain



Like all Freebox subscribers, I receive one week free of Canal +. I just found the broadcast Agora I saw the film upon its release. A very good movie about the life of the philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria in the late fourth century AD.

addition peplum and romantic side, which can sometimes pull on the rope, this film highlights the struggles of early Christians and the last pagan Roman Empire in a weakened. It helps to understand how, in recent decades, a new religion has destroyed thousands of of ancient culture.

I've always struggled, as a teacher, to impress upon my students that really represented the conversion to Christianity: a huge step backwards. Science is put in brackets for over 1000 years in the West.

This film should be at the high school program (because there is a good bit too violent for our little college anyway). And above all it should be circulated to all good Christians who are currently treating the adherents of other religions (like Islam) arrears ...

I remember a discussion about this with my guide in Egypt, she said, having read the book which was pulled this story, but that his Church has forbidden his followers to see this film ( I do not know if this ban has led to the withdrawal of the movie theaters or if it was just a recommendation of the Church).

Anyway all this confirms my total rejection of all forms of religion ...

short, I advise you if you want to do a bit of culture, it is never wrong!

0 comments:

Post a Comment